News Archives - September 2007
- New Custom Scenario
- Posted by kach on September 29, AD 2007 @ 5:25 AM
- Angrod (Hieronymus) has uploaded a new custom scenario, Pulchritudo Vincit. This looks like fun - an attractive map and Caligula's Special Advisor is on the job again, rating the beauty of your city.
This scenario is a sequel to Ex Decorum Veritas. You don't have to have played that scenario first - but if you had, this one may make more sense. Beauty rating, earthquakes, invasions (on-the-job training for your cohorts), hidden trade routes and a military conquest... any or all of these may be present in this scenario.
If you prefer a scenario without puzzles, try the sandbox version Gades.
- Season XXVII
- Posted by kach on September 25, AD 2007 @ 4:17 PM
- Season XXVII of Caesar IV Online has started. The maps this season are Cyrene and Viminacium (high score), Emerita Augusta and Hippo Regius (high population), Argos (most denarii) and Tarraco (time trial). For an extra challenge, try to beat the winners from Season XIX.
The gold medals for Season XXVI went to chrilla (three), Hannibal Gladius (two), and mitret.
Dalan is the new leader in the empire with 11 cities and 370,451 population.
- The Final Deception
- Posted by kach on September 23, AD 2007 @ 2:31 AM
- The Final Deception is a new Caesar IV contest from CBC. It is an economic contest with some military involvement. The idea is to survive 8 years (or as long as you can) and to accumulate weapons and armour for Caesar.
The Final Deception is a remake of The Deception, which was a Caesar 3 contest, and follows on from the storyline of The Deception and its successor, The French Deception (also a Caesar 3 contest). This is the third of the Deception trilogy.
The mission starts kinda slow. You get time to build things up, and starting money is a bit on the generous side. But things build up as it goes, and the last 18 months or so is intended to be quite hair raising.
You can play on easy or hard - and there is a French version too.
Anyone interested in the original Caesar III scenario can find it here in the C3 downloads.
- HeavenGames - A New Identity
- Posted by Pecunia on September 22, AD 2007 @ 12:52 PM
- Source: The HG Blog
After considerable deliberation, the owners have decided that one major inhibiting factor for HeavenGames’ prosperity is the simple fact that it doesn’t have a clearly defined identity. It has always been a site about games, but that is far too vague for the development of any clear goals and the effective marketing of the site.
We have thus discussed the issue with our staff and decided that we should make HeavenGames a site entirely geared towards community. At its core, HeavenGames always has been about building the best communities possible, so it only makes sense that we devote all of our resources to that service...(Read more!)
- Caesar IV Online
- Posted by kach on September 12, AD 2007 @ 4:08 AM
- Season XXV of Caesar's Challenge has finished. No medals have been awarded, but it looks like the winners were charles (3 maps), chrilla, DA GUV and mitret.
Season XXVI is underway. Surprisingly, the maps for this season seem to be the same as last season - Djedu and Narbo (high score), Hippo Regius and Mediolanum (high population) and Emerita Augusta (time trial).
PantherX is still the leader in the Empire.
- More Files from GaiusHorus
- Posted by kach on September 6, AD 2007 @ 5:11 AM
- Cambodunum is the latest custom scenario from GaiusHorus - a fascinating map with the usual difficult goals. This is the third map from the European competition; you will find a discussion thread here, on the caesariv.de site.
We also have another little utility in the miscellaneous section of the downloads. This is C4 Musicbox. With this program you can change the Caesar IV music to something else, and reverse the changes as well. I won't be needing this one - I enjoy the the Caesar IV music.
- New Poll
- Posted by kach on September 4, AD 2007 @ 1:50 AM
- Last month we asked: What is your favourite weather?
I don't have a favourite (15)
I hate them all (17)
Don't know, I play with the weather turned off (28)
I love the weather and I'm not surprised that sunshine and snow are the top two choices. However, if you hate the weather and would like to disable it, you'll need the 1.2 patch. The technique for disabling the weather is described in the list of fixes that came with the patch:
Open caesariv.ini in a text editor. To disable weather, change the line "Weather 1" to "Weather 0" in the caesariv.ini file. If the "Weather" setting is not in the INI, add it manually.
The new poll question is: Where do you usually place forts?
You can find all previous poll results here.