News Archives - September 2008
- New Poll
- Posted by kach on September 28, AD 2008 @ 6:19 PM
- Our new poll is about cheat codes. They spoil the game for some, but for others they can be the the only way out of a city disaster. Do you ever use cheat codes?
Our last poll asked: What do you focus on when you build your cities?
Just meet the rating targets and leave (84) Past poll results can be found here.
Maximum ratings (18)
Maximum population (6)
Happy well fed citizens (34)
Maximum patrician housing (12)
Maximum denarii (15)
Military strength (23)
A balanced stable city (131)
I just like to watch it all happen (50)
I can't decide (9)
None of the above (3)
- Season LII
- Posted by kach on September 23, AD 2008 @ 5:39 PM
- Season LII has finished. There have been no medals awarded but the winners were brfmeister (four firsts), andrecsao and Grotewittebeer. Brfmeister has recorded the second highest score for Narbo (the best score was 4,366 by Boudica in Season XVII), and Grotewittebeer has set a new record for Most Denarii on the Narona map.
The maps for Season LIII are now available; they are Alexandria (time trial), Antiochia and Colonia Agrippina (high population), Caesarea and Carthago (high score), and Londinium (most denarii).
- Labors of Herculaneum
- Posted by kach on September 16, AD 2008 @ 5:27 AM
- The latest Caesar IV contest from CBC is a speed contest, Labors of Herculaneum. Expect to perform the twelve labors of Hercules - or at least the Hieronymus/Aramann interpretation of the twelve labors. You'll find the competition thread here.
There are four competition levels, from novice to insane. Even if you don't plan to enter the competition, you should find this a very entertaining scenario.
- Season LI
- Posted by kach on September 8, AD 2008 @ 10:24 PM
- Season LI has finished. No medals have been awarded - there haven't been any medals awarded since Season XLVIII. The winners were romana (two firsts), chrilla, Grotewittebeer, Rnett and brfmeister. Grotewittebeer's entry for the Colonia Agrippina High Score contest sets a new record, with a score of 20,551. However, the building list is a little unusual; it shows 14 Level 3 Plebeian homes and 37 Level 3 Equite homes, but where are the rest?
The new maps for Season LII are Djedu, Emerita Augusta, Hippo Regius, Mediolanum, Narbo and Narona.
- Iceni Queen
- Posted by kach on September 4, AD 2008 @ 5:07 AM
- Iceni Queen, the latest Caesar IV contest at CBC, has finished. Congratulations to the winners: Andreas Hauffe (insane), Schwartzhorse (hard), aiglenoir (easy) and Chris85 (novice).
There is a strategy discussion in the contest thread, and if you plan on checking out the winning entries, you'll probably want to download the appropriate scenario files too, or the map won't make sense.