News Archives - October 2007
- Editor Tutorial
- Posted by kach on October 30, AD 2007 @ 11:02 PM
- Would you like to try your hand at creating a map or scenario for Caesar IV? The editor is complex, and has a tendency to crash when painting textures, but it can be managed. Pecunia is putting together a tutorial on how to create scenarios. The first few pages are done and you can read them here.
- Season XXIX
- Posted by kach on October 22, AD 2007 @ 3:34 PM
- Season XXIX of Caesar's Challenge has started. The maps this season are Djedu and Narbo (high score), Emerita Augusta (time trial), Hippo Regius and Mediolanum (high population), and Narona (most denarii). This combination of maps was also used in Season XXII and Season XVII.
The medals for Season XXVIII have not been issued , but the winners were Governor Jen, pumi99, chrilla (2) and DA GUV (2).
toycivic remains the leader in the empire.
- Do you need a Calculator?
- Posted by kach on October 21, AD 2007 @ 3:19 PM
- Pecunia has created a new workers calculator. No prizes for guessing that you can use this to calculate the number of workers you will need in in your city. You'll notice a slight change to the navigation sidebar too - the calculators have now have their own group.
- Another Walkthrough
- Posted by kach on October 16, AD 2007 @ 7:26 PM
- A new walkthrough is available in the downloads section: Antiochia (Empire 4, military). This time, Pecunia wins with cavalry not heavy infantry.
- Finally Nicomedia
- Posted by kach on October 15, AD 2007 @ 4:48 PM
- The walkthrough for Nicomedia (Empire 7, economic) is now available. Nicomedia is a tough scenario; it is hard to obtain those perfect ratings, and getting the food to the markets is a challenge in itself. I finished with 10,000 green faces, one grand mansion not on the water overlay, and only one house with less than perfect nutrition.
The walkthrough and download can be found here.
- Ulpia Traiana Walkthrough
- Posted by kach on October 14, AD 2007 @ 4:09 PM
- It has been months since we had a new walkthrough. This latest one is for Ulpia Traiana (Empire 3, military) from Pecunia, and explains how to win without using bribes.
The walkthrough and download can be found here.
- HeavenGames' Staff System: A Revamp
- Posted by kach on October 11, AD 2007 @ 3:33 PM
- Source: The HGBlog
So now that things have been settled with HG's identity, it's time to go on to the fun stuff: the staff system! Woo!
It's been discussed in a previous blog post that HeavenGames doesn't operate as efficiently as it could from a staff perspective. A lot of issues have already been dealt with in the past several months, but there are two substantial problems that must be taken care of. First, there is no effective way to ensure quality and consistency of work across all of our sites. Second, we do not have dedicated jobs in a number of support capacities, including marketing, sales,
and the like.
Revamped Staff System
The owners have thus discussed the issue with the HeavenGames staff and have come up with the following system:
As you can see, HeavenGames will still be run fundamentally the same: the Exco - chaired by the CEO - makes all of the network-wide administrative decisions and Seraphs work under the Exco as site administrators. What will be added to the
system will be a Seraph Liaison and Support Departments. First, the Seraph Liaison...(Read more!)
- Caesar IV Online
- Posted by kach on October 9, AD 2007 @ 3:55 AM
- Season XXVII has finished and gold medals went to mitret (three), chrilla, micmacp and Naakka. Only two of the scores were better than those of season XIX, micmacp for Emerita Augusta and mitret for Viminacium.
Season XXVIII has now started, and the maps this season are Alexandria and Carthago (high score), Antiochia and Colonia Agrippina (high population), Londinium (most denarii) and Caesarea (time trial). The same maps were used for Season IX and Season XXI.
toycivic is the new leader in the empire with almost 400,000 population in only 9 cities.
- Congratulations Pecunia
- Posted by kach on October 7, AD 2007 @ 5:55 AM
- I don't know why it took so long; Pecunia has been promoted and has joined the seraphs. You can congratulate her here in the Town Square.
- October Poll
- Posted by kach on October 2, AD 2007 @ 5:37 AM
- This month we are asking about custom scenarios. What is you favourite map style? Competition? Puzzle? Sandbox?
In the last poll we asked: Where do you usually place forts?
I don't build forts (21)
Wherever I can fit them in (22)
Inside the city walls (13)
Outside the city walls (98)
Outside the city, but behind walls (28)
It depends on the map and the invasions (71)
It seems that almost 50% of players always build forts outside the city, 5% build them inside the city walls and for 28%, it depends on the scenario.
If you are interested in previous polls, you can find them here.