News Archives - October 2008
- Final Challenge
- Posted by kach on October 21, AD 2008 @ 2:53 PM
- The final season (LIV) of Caesar's Challenge has finished. The winners were Grotewittebeer (2 firsts), Thanho1, Colinus and KathrynB, with Grotewittebeer setting another new record - this time for population in Alexandria. The Tingis map wasn't playable.
There is currently not much action in The Empire , but it is still available.
Congratulations to chrilla for finishing Caesar's Challenge with 36 first places, and to toycivic, top governor in The Empire, with 9 cities and a population of 392,504.
- Roman Tombs
- Posted by kach on October 19, AD 2008 @ 4:11 PM
- In the news last week: a necropolis has has been discovered beneath a rugby stadium in Rome, and archaeologists have discovered the tomb of Marcus Nonius Macrinus, a general under Emperor Marcus Aurelius.
Marcus Nonius Macrinus was probably the inspiration for the main character in the (somewhat fictional) film Gladiator.
- Sierra Game Servers Closing Down
- Posted by kach on October 9, AD 2008 @ 2:23 AM
- Sadly, Sierra have announced that the servers hosting Caesar IV Online will be shut down as of November 1st. A total of twenty one games are affected - see the announcement from Eric at Sierra.
- Online Servers Closing?
- Posted by kach on October 6, AD 2008 @ 9:50 PM
- According to Keith Heitmann, Caesar IV Online's days are numbered. So why not give the maps for the current season a try? They are Alexandria and Tarsus (high population), Colonia Agrippina and Ephesus (high score), Londinium (time trial) and Djedu (unspecified and therefore probably unplayable).
The winners for Season LIII were chrilla, Colinus, Thanho1 (two firsts), Grotewittebeer and Caboman, with Grotewittebeer setting a new record for the Carthago high score map.