News Archives - October 2009
- Lutetia - a Beauty Contest
- Posted by kach on October 26, AD 2009 @ 5:31 AM
- Lutetia is a scenario from CBC contest designers goonsquad and Schwartzhorse. It is basically a sandbox scenario with lots of money, and the aim is to build a beautiful city. Your city will need to be functional however, as the completion requirement is a population of 5,000, and trade routes are not available early in the game. As well as English. there are French and German versions of the scenario.
The winner will be decided by the votes of all the players who enter.
- Vespasian's Rome
- Posted by kach on October 7, AD 2009 @ 10:32 PM
- The Colosseum in Rome is currently hosting an exhibition about Vespasian - the emperor who was responsible for its construction. Why did Vespasian build the Colosseum? This article by Professor Mary Beard not only has the answer to that question, but also makes for a very interesting read.